1. Write your own memoir.
2. Write a memoir through the eyes of a celebrity, or someone you look up to.
3. Write about something embarrassing that happened to you.
4. Write about a person you see at a cafe or on the street (imagine a story around the way they interact, speak, and look).
5. Write a story about the protagonist receiving a letter. It leads him/her back to his/her past...
6. Write about a character that is nosy and looks around in her parent's/friend's drawers. Describe what he/she finds and the consequences.
7. Write about a day in your life Use as much detail as you can remember.
8. Write a piece in the style of your favorite author.
9. Write about the character from a book you read.
10. Write about an obsession.
11. Write about a historical event, or base a story around people from history.
12. Write about love.
13. Write about a topic that means a lot to you.
14. Write about your inspiration/role models.
15. Write a story around the first word you hear said by someone around you.
16. Write around the first object you see when looking to your right.
17. Write about how you think your future will be.
18. Write about bullies, self-esteem, or any issue that might be relevant to the YA public.
19. Write about self-exploration or identity.
20. Write about a great thing that has happened to you in your life.
21. Write about what, in your eyes, seems like the ultimate crime.
22. Write horror.
23. Write a love story.
24. Write crime.
25. Write young adult.
26. Write nonfiction.
27. Write in different styles to stretch your abilities.
28. Write about friendship and acceptance, or what happens when a friend breaks your trust.
29. Write about your largest fear or desire.
30. Write about a holiday, where your character meets someone or does something extraordinary.
Have fun trying out the above ideas! Of course you can make your own, but this is just to get your creative juices flowing. If you have any other ideas, you are more than welcome to share them in the comment box below.