Thursday, August 11, 2016

What I Eat In a Day (Anorexia Recovery)

Today I'll be sharing with you a weight-gain meal plan! (Yes, really! Weight GAIN, I'm so flipping excited :D) I'll also be sharing my long-awaited home-made bread recipe.

I only weigh myself on a monthly basis now, as my weight has stabilized for about a year and the frustration that came alongside of this lack of movement was just too much for me. However, last month I gained a little less than half a kilo, and this month I gained a full kilo! I think I've gotten the ball rolling :)

Although I still have two other videos in the queue and quite a lot of things I want to address and talk to you about, I thought today might be a good day for another day in my life video, as I've gotten a few more request and as my weight has been improving and I'm in an amazing mood.

If you like this video or any of my other videos, be sure to also check out my Facebook page and Instagram (and, if you haven't yet, my novel, JUST PERFECT). I hope you enjoy!



THE RECIPES:

Bread:

  1. Gather your ingredients. For medium-small bread, you need... 
      1. 400 g (whole wheat or white or spelt) flour
      2. 10 g fresh yeast or 5 g dry yeast
      3. 260 ml water (more if using white flour, and at max. temperature of 20 degrees C)
      4. 10 g butter (or 10-15 g olive oil, if you want to make Italian-style bread)
      5. 10 g salt
      6. Sugar, if desired (or, if making the highly-recommended Italian bread, some oregano and/or basil)
      7. Black olives/seeds/nuts -- whatever you want inside your bread!
  2. Add the yeast, then the flour, water, butter/oil, spices (and, if desired, nuts and seeds) together in a bowl and knead by hand until you have created a supple dough. This takes about 20 minutes. You can also use a kneading machine or bread machine, in which case it takes about 10 minutes (but what's the fun of that, right?)
  3. Make a ball out of the dough and leave it in a plastic-wrap covered bowl at room temperature. Let rise for about 40 minutes, or until it has doubled in size.
  4. Flatten the dough by hand and knead for another 1-2 minutes. If making Italian olive bread, add the olives now. Roll the dough into a ball (or whatever form you want it to ultimately be in) and again cover with plastic. Allow to rise to double in size (about 40 minutes).
  5. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C. Bake the bread for 30 minutes at this temperature. This can be done in a therefore-designed (buttered) oven shape, or on a baking sheet on a baking tray.
Otherwise: move to Belgium, get yourself a bread machine and buy yourself some All-In Aveve bread mixes. Throw 400 g of bread mix and 220-280 ml of water (and some nuts/seeds, if desired) into the machine for (almost) instant bread!

Tuna recipe: 

  1. Gather your ingredients. For a one-person tuna-feast, you need...
      1. 1-2 (30 g) cans of tuna
      2. Mayonnaise
      3. Black pepper
      4. Parsley, chili and/or other spices/herbs
  2. Drain the tuna of excess liquid/oil and then put everything together in a bowl. Mix. Enjoy :)

Be sure to subscribe to my blog, subscribe to my YouTube, check out my earlier posts and videos, give this video a thumbs up, and stick with me! See you next time, and keep fighting xx

2 comments:

  1. What is your favorite kind of bread?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the ones we make at home, I really like the whole-wheat, waldkorn and omega-breads. From the supermarket I like just regular sandwiches with pumpkin seeds :D

      Delete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)