Friday, March 1, 2019

5 Things NOBODY Tells You About Recovery

This week is Eating Disorder Awareness Week. So let's break the stigma around eating disorders. The reality is, eating disorders are not simply a desire to lose weight, to be skinny, or to restrict. They are not instigated to fit an image or an ideal, and they are not there to get attention. Eating disorders are a serious mental illness.

In 2009 I decided to lose weight. But the lower my weight dropped, the lower my self-esteem and my mood, and I became increasingly depressed and unsatisfied. Regaining control of my life was probably the hardest thing I ever did for myself... but I'm so glad I did it.

I'm not saying recovery will go smoothly, but I'm saying it is worth it. It will go with ups and downs, but it is so worth it. . Focus on your goals, your passions, your aspirations, and realise that beauty comes from within. You are so much more than a number on a scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)