Friday, September 1, 2017

What I Eat (Anorexia Recovery) | Road Trip Edition

By now, I'm sure you all have a pretty good idea of what I eat on the typical day. However, what happens when holidays are around the corner and my days turn into consecutive days stuck in a driving vehicle? Today I'm taking you with me on an anorexia recovery travel day :)

If you haven't seen last week's What I Eat at the Office, do make sure to see that one too! Also, let me tell you, my what I eat days have changed quite a bit since I started uploading them. And they keep changing constantly (which is normal). I uploaded my first video in the midst of a relapse in 2015. I then went into hospital in Slovakia, and then my next as I was hospitalized in Belgium. Both were INCREDIBLY different from each other and from what I used to eat.

Now I'm happily hopping around back home and at uni, which of course resulted in a few more changes! Check out THIS if you want to see all of my past food diary videos. See you soon!

PS: don't forget to connect with me, and to check out my fictional memoir, JUST PERFECT!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hanne

    I have recently come across your videos / blogs, and wealth of other achievements, which is pretty incredible at such an age! As well as being really inspiring, for a current anorexia sufferer / recoverer. Watching and reading has really been giving me some hope these past few weeks, and I felt compelled to reach out and say, well, thanks I guess; though that doesn't really cut it I realise!

    So I could probably think of a load of questions, perhaps ones that are far more significant than what will follow, but figure it's as good an ice breaker as anything, so forgive me but... Where did you get the Cartoonies biscuits?!?! I absolutely loved these as a child (growing up in the UK) but cannot find them anywhere now! Can I still get a hold of them somewhere? (Ps, I live in Australia at the moment, so not sure if that will affect it, but it would be amazing to get my hands on some of those...)

    Sorry to have rambled on... But it'd be great to hear from you. And for what it's worth; keep doing what you're doing, which includes helping so many more people than you probably even realise, myself included.

    Ger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ger,

      Thank you so SO much for your sweet message! These biscuits are a big thing (among children ;)) in Belgium. Not sure if they're still around in the UK though, neither am I aware of them being around in Australia... Worth having a little search!

      I hope you are doing alright. Have you checked out my recent book publication (Red Ribbons)? I do think this might also be beneficial/inspirational :)

      xx Hanne

      Delete
  2. Hey

    Thank you so much for getting back to me so soon! Ah ok, well we're all big kids at heart, right! I've some family in Belgium, so might ask if they can source me some... that little taste of childhood would be so cool to relive.

    I must admit that I haven't checked out Red Ribbons yet; it's on the to do list though, so thanks for the heads up. Is it available on the Kindle do you know?

    I know anorexia is all about small goals, that to anybody else sound ridiculous, but in the spirit of sharing; I woke up today and really felt like some cheese (I have sadly stopped myself from eating it for years, despite basically living off it as a child!). So... I went out and bought a block, and am slowly reminding myself of what I've been missing.
    I won't lie and say that my mind is completely at ease with this, and it is giving me pangs of worry, but I feel like every bite is a little victory (especially toasted with red onion :-)).

    Sorry for that rather banal comment, but I'm sure you understand. Hope all is well with you, and thanks again.

    Ger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every step is a victory! You can be really proud of that!
      And, yes, Red Ribbons is available for Kindle as well :)

      Hanne

      Delete
    2. Hey

      Thanks for your support, it means a lot to me.
      Ah great; I will check out getting a hold of a copy to download then. Hopefully it will be available here in Australia.

      Have a great weekend :-)

      Ger

      Delete

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)