Friday, March 6, 2020

How to Balance 'Good' and 'Bad' Food in Recovery

On Monday, I had a Skype call with a girl struggling with her eating disorder. She said her anorexia was the worst it had ever been. And she told me her story and asked me her questions.
Honestly, she was so so strong. Even while trapped by intrusive and self-limiting thoughts, she managed to reach out, and she so clearly aspired for recovery. It is people like this that make my social media efforts worthwhile. It is people like this that I arrange Skype consultations for. It is people like this that show me there is always hope, no matter how bad things may seem at present.

And aren't we all, at one point or another, that girl (or boy) that feels trapped, but somehow still manages to move ahead, even if only with babysteps?

As we approach the end of eating disorder awareness week, and I hope you've all been able to appreciate the steps you have taken so far, I am feeling grateful. I no longer feel trapped, and I know that you can all reach this same place as well. There are no more 'good' and 'bad' foods. No more black and white thinking. I can eat what my body asks and craves for. And I feel blessed.

Up on YouTube today is a new video, where I talk about how to balance 'good' and 'bad' foods 🍪 👀. As always, no one-size-fits-all approach exists, but I think these tips are definitely worth checking out 😉. These are the tips that helped ME to face my fears, to incorporate them into my regular diet and meal plan, and to 'balance them' with other foods that nourish me from the inside out.

NOTE: I do not personally consider any foods bad or off-limits. I believe that everything I eat nourishes me in one way or another. And that is how I thrive. Incorporating the foods that I used to consider 'black' (in my anorexia black-and-white mindset) helped a lot in reaching this place of acceptance and balance.


I also have a 24 Hours Eating Only Processed Foods on my Patreon, just to celebrate where I'm at. If you haven't seen this video yet, and/or if you're looking for a Skype consultation of your own, definitely check out www.patreon.com/hannearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)