Friday, December 14, 2018

I Lost my Period... AGAIN || Why I Lost it & How to Get it Back (Part I)

Periods, periods, periods. What a pain (actually). You hate them but you (should) want not to be without them...

Although it may seem convenient not to menstruate, there are many reasons why this is not ideal. Primary amenorrhea, whereby you never even starts having regular periods, and secondary amenorrhea, whereby you lose your period for at least six months, both indicate that something is seriously wrong! You may be restricting, over-exercising, or experiencing excessive stress. Your body weight may be critically low. Your hormones are clearly unbalanced. Lack of a period indicates that there is a problem and it can, in turn, cause additional problems well.

Amenorrhea can lead to reduced bone density, and it can increase the risk for bone fractures, osteoporosis and osteopenia. It can also cause infertility: most women with amenorrhea experience anovulation, or an inability to produce eggs from the ovaries, hence missing the critical component to allow for conception.

Amenorrhea can also cause estrogen deficiency and increase testosterone levels, causing symptoms such as increased body hair and reduced breast size, as well as premenopausal symptoms such as night sweats, insomnia and irritability. It can also cause ovarian cysts and endometrial hyperplasia, which is a build-up of the uterine lining that could potentially lead to uterine cancer. I think that should be enough reason to want to menstruate!

So, well, I lost my period (again). In today's video upload I talk about why, and what I am doing to get it back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)