Sunday, March 27, 2022

I Let my Eating Disorder Ruin my Holidays

I let me eating disorder ruin my holidays. I let my eating disorder ruin my life. During my trip to Iceland last week, I did not exercise, I ate convenience foods and I got poor sleep... in the past, the eating disorder would have freaked the hell out!

It's crazy to think that food and restaurant decisions can ruin an ENTIRE holiday. I know they can, because I've been there. I remember a time where 50% of daylight hours were spent arguing my parents over meals and snacks, and the other 50% thinking about and planning out my food choices (and a good chunk of the night too). It was miserable. That's not the life I want to live.

Instead, I want to travel, explore, try out and embrace countries / cuisines / attractions / freedom. And it's a decision I made over 5 years ago and never regretted since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments with me! I absolutely love to hear from you :-)